While every divorce is unique, it always involves making important financial decisions. We help you based on your level of financial know-how and we fill in any knowledge gaps. We tailor our services to meet your needs and according to where you are in the divorce process, be it through attorneys, mediation, in a collaborative process, or in a do-it-yourself divorce under amicable circumstances. We will be acting as your financial advocate or as a neutral expert, depending on the process. Our services are tailored for high net worth clients but we can offer more limited services depending on your circumstances.
Some of our services include, but are not limited to:
- Compiling and organizing the financial information
- Asset tracing and forensic analysis of cash flows
- Budgeting and establishment of needs
- Helping in the preparation of the Financial Statement Form to be submitted to court
- Analyzing and finding the best settlement that fully addresses your financial objectives within the realm of possible scenarios
- Providing a clear analysis of the differences between settlement proposals or support payment scenarios
- Maximizing cash available for living expenses with tax efficient analysis of support payments
- Analyzing executive compensation packages, including options and restricted stock
- Helping set up a team of professionals for post-divorce financial affairs
- Due diligence review of investment advisers and wealth management firms
Some of the questions we help you find an answer for:
- Should I keep the marital home or sell it?
- How should we structure support payments to minimize overall taxes?
- What’s the difference between a defined benefit pension plan and a defined contribution pension plan?
- Should I take/offer the pension assets or taxable assets?
- What is a QDRO and do we need one?
- How do we protect Child Support and/or Alimony payments?
- Is there value to stock options? Is there value to non-vested restricted stocks?
- Should I offer/take a lump sum alimony payment or monthly support payments?